Every fall, the Department of Education holds a huge high school fair at Brooklyn Technical High School. You can meet teachers, students and administrators and find out about their schools. Questions you may want to ask:
- How much homework is typical? Is homework assigned over school vacations?
- Are students allowed outside the building for lunch?
- Does the school offer four years of math and four years of science? (Important for college prep.)
- How does the administration handle discipline?
- How does the school help students who are struggling?
- How does it challenge the strongest students?