The Low-Down on Pre-K (Event Recording)
InsideSchools and The Center for New York City Affairs hosted a discussion on March 31, 2015, about Mayor Bill de Blasio's Pre-K roll-out, with helpful advice for parents on how to find a good program for your child and to navigate the application process.
Watch the event recording to learn how to:
- Explain the difference between "child care" and "pre-kindergarten"
- Help you decide whether to choose pre-k run by public schools or community groups
- Tell you what to look for when you visit such programs
- Detail where the available seats are
- Explain how and when to apply
- Talk about what to do if there’s no slot for your child where you want it
- Describe ethnic and racial diversity in pre-k programs.
Moderated by Clara Hemphill, founder of InsideSchools.