If you have an 8th-grader, you're in the final throes of applying to high school. You've attended the fairs, visited schools, watched our videos, read our school profiles and marked key pages of the big school directory. What comes next? You've got to make final decisions and fill out an application.
Insideschools can help. We're offering a last-chance workshop for parents and students!
Join Clara Hemphill and the staff of Insideschools as we help you determine how to rank your high school choices before the Dec. 1 application deadline.
We'll tackle these last-minute questions and more:
- What can you do if you and your child disagree?
- My dream school is far away. Is the commute worth it?
- What are good choices for the "B" student?
- Is it worth applying to a screened school if I don't have tip-top grades?
- How many schools do I really have to list to better my chances of getting accepted somewhere?
- My kid has special needs. How do I know whether a school will actually provide the supports and services he needs?
Got other questions? We've got answers. Join us on Nov. 23. Sign up on Eventbrite here.
Se habla español. Spanish translation will be available.